Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Kind of Doctor would I be?

If I could be any type of doctor, I'd be a veterinarian. I absolutely, positively, and totally love animals. I honestly love them more than humans. I always had a fascination for the veterinarians that take care of my dogs because they always made them feel better when I thought all hope was lost and there was nothing we could do for them. Veterinarians are a lot more valuable than regular doctors because humans can tell their doctors what's ailing them. Animals, however, don't have a voice and it's up to vets to figure out what's wrong with them and fins the appropriate cure. If I were a vet, all my patients would be treated as if they were my own pets. I would help calm them down and make sure they're not afraid of me because the last thing I would want to do is hurt them. I'd check them to make sure nothing is wrong and if I do find something, I would diagnose them and begin the treatment to healing them. The only thing I would never do is euthanize them. I would never ever put an animal to sleep. I understand that at times, this is the only solution and end to an animal's suffering. I totally understand this. However, I could not bear to know that I killed an innocent animal because in essence, this is exactly what euthanizing is. I'm basically killing an animal. When I take them for the waiting room to the operating room, I'm basically leading them to their death and the animals trust me. They trust me, and yet I'm killing them. So yes I would love to be a vet so that I may help animals and keep them healthy, but I could never put them down, no matter what's wrong with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment