Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Four Years Ago

Four years ago I was 13. I was an eighth grader at Crozier Middle School. I have a hard time remembering what I even did yesterday, so I barely remember how I was as a thirteen year old. I do remember I was tall though! I was considered tall for my age and was one of the tall girls in my class. That's all changed now because now I'm considered short! I know I couldn't drive four years ago. The time when I would finally be able to drive seemed so far away to me when I was 13. Now, I have my license, a car, and I drive everywhere. Things are also a lot more complicated now than back then. Now I have to worry about applying to colleges and getting accepted by them. In middle school, all I worried about was passing my Algebra test. Life wasn't so confusing either. Things were wither black or white and they actually stayed this way until I was 17, unfortunately. Oh and I never worked when I was 13 nor did I ever see a need to. Before I got hired a month ago, I was fervently searching for a job because I need money for college applications, SATs, etc. So now I have to work and contribute to society. Eww.. One good difference between now and when I was 13 is that now I'm actually allowed to go on dates, stay out late, and have boyfriends. In other words, I actually have consent to do these things and I've no need to go behind people's backs. Would I want to go back to being 13? Nope! Been there. Done that. I'm looking forward to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment