Sunday, October 24, 2010

Outdoor Living

If you lived your whole life in the city, you might be particular to the fast paced life of your fellow city dwellers. Likewise, if you spent your entire life in the outdoors, you might be aghast at how city slickers live. Therefore, my apartment dwelling friend, you might be surprised and a little astonished as I describe my everyday life to you. I wake up every morning to the sun’s warm rays in my face; I couldn’t ask for a better alarm clock than that. I live in a quaint cottage in the middle of a lush green forest. I wake up and jump into the nearby river of my cottage for my morning shower. It may be the most brutal part of my morning in the winter but it’s perfect in the summer. After I “shower” I go back into my cottage and find my outfit for the day. Then I take a pleasant stroll through the forest and say hi to all the woodland creatures I spy. My favorite is the little caramel-colored chipmunk named Henry; he is always willing to walk with me. Then I gather fruit from the trees and vegetables from my own little garden so I can make my lunch. Yes, my cottage does have gas, but it’s all natural gas made from canola oil made from the canola that I grow in my garden. I make a delicious fruit and vegetable salad and wash it down with homemade fruit juice. Then I take a nap until perhaps the late afternoon. Once the sun is about to set, I climb to the roof of my cottage and watch the sun set behind the ominous mountains in a colorful spectacle of pinks, yellows, oranges, and purples. That, my friend, is the end of a carefree day in the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment