Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Won!!!!!

This isn't my most memorable time I won something, but whenever i think about it, I smile. My first year on the Inglewood tennis team, I played doubles with Sharlyn at a game against Morningside. This was the first time we'd ever played against them, so we didn't know what to expect. Sharlyn and I, being first time tennis players, were pretty much used to losing. We obviously didn't like it, but we were used to it. When we began playing, however, we were surprised when we won the first 2 sets. Then the next 2. And then the next one. Finally, we were 5-1, with the next set, if won by us, meant we won the whole game. We were obviously excited at the prospect that we could win a game, but we pushed that out of our heads and concentrated on the game at hand. When we won the match point and realized we had won the game, well as you can imagine, we were ecstatic! We began jumping up and down screaming, "We won!!". Yes we overreacted but to be fair, we had never won a game before. We got over this quickly though. We didn't want to look like retards. The next time we played Morningside, we also won, but nothing was sweeter than that first victory. Perhaps because it was the first win or because Sharlyn and I did it together (which made us super cool), but I have never forgotten that game against Morningside and despite all the other accomplishments I've had, that memory always puts a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. I can so imagine you jumping up and down haha Nicely written work!

    ReplyDelete