Thursday, December 9, 2010

Raw and Cooked foods

It can be astonishing to think that we can ever eat any raw foods but the reality is we eat many of our foods raw and anyways. Fruit, for example, is a food we eat raw all the time. Apples, oranges, grapes, and bananas are all foods that we just wash, peel, and eat. We do have the option to cook them, however, we oftentimes choose not to. Certain types of vegetables can also be eaten raw as well. Tomoatoes, avocados, cucumbers, and pickles are vegetables we eat raw on a daily basis. The other vegetables can also be eaten raw, such as broccoli, but most people like to cook or steam them so as to make them softer and easier to eat. Meats are foods that I would only eat cooked. I have heard that many upscale restaurants serve raw meat as one of their delicacies, however I prefer my meats well-done. I will, however, eat raw salmon. I have tried raw salmon with lemon and I will admit it is delicious. Yet, I hate sushi, which is raw fish. I will never understand how people can eat raw octopus, raw shark, and other types of raw seafood. All the seafood I eat, with the exception of salmon, must be cooked. This includes crab, lobster, and oysters. Our grains, such as bread, pasta, and tortillas are oftentimes cooked as well. We need to boil our pasta otherwise we are unable to eat it. We must heat up our tortillas but in order for them to be eatable, someone had to cook them too and bread is already cooked for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment