Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Learning a New Language

I am so excited to spend a year abroad in Italy! But what do I need to do to learn a new language? The answer is quite simple actually; I need to practice, practice, practice, and practice. I should buy books that teach me the language and study them everyday for at least 2 hours a day. I should probably invest in the Rosetta Stone, a computer software program that is said to be an excellent tool in learning a new language. It has received rave reviews so it is worth a try of course. Then I should also enroll in a class to learn the language. I could take it at my local high school or community college. Going to a class will force me to study, do work, and ensure that I learn the language because I will have to take tests and do projects. This combined with my own personal study will have to force me that I at the very least learn the basics of the language. Once I learn the fundamentals of Italian, I need to keep practicing it every day. I could annoy my friends by using Italian phrases everyday in unrelated situations, but this will guarantee that I understand how to speak like a regular Italian. Instead of using English words, I should trans;ate them to Italian and then explain to people what they mean. In this way, I will be able to determine if I know the language well enough that I can personally translate it.

1 comment:

  1. A stylish stainless steel knife for a long time in a handcrafted
    › › Stainless Steel 바카라 몬 used ford fusion titanium › › Stainless Steel Matte Steel Stainless titanium jewelry piercing Steel Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Blades are our newest craftsmanship options and are currently the titanium melting point newest stainless steel blades available titanium knee replacement

    ReplyDelete