Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blueprint of my House-My Living Room

If the walls of my house could talk, the stories they tell can be seen in a socialite’s magazine. The walls of my living room in particular have the grandest stories to tell. My family loves throwing extravagant parties and while the parties take place throughout the whole house, the living room is the main area where people converge.
            The most brilliant parties my family throws take place during the holidays; our annual Christmas party is always something to look forward to. The living room is decorated lavishly from top to bottom. Christmas lights twinkle as they are hung across the ceiling giving the room a soft glow when combined with the flickering candles perched on the walls. The rest of the room’s light emits from the large twinkling Christmas tree and its golden start atop its peak. The tree and the candles also gave the room the distinct smell of Christmas festivity; pine, cinnamon, winter green, and peppermint. These smells drown out the fruity and sultry scents of the attendees’ perfumes.
            Christmas music is the soundtrack to our festive night and accurately portrays my feelings. “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”. Yes it is Andy Williams, it is the most wonderful time of the year; the feeling of good joy that is in the air for two months and the feeling of family and belonging that is present in my living room that night makes it so. “Rocking around the Christmas tree”, the guests dressed in their finest attire swirl around the room, their sequined and glittering dresses catching the light of the room. Joy and warmth is present in every corner of the room.
            My entire house is full of precious memories; yet my living room has been the setting to the one’s dearest to me. More than a simple room to sit down and watch TV, it is the stage for festive events with family and friends. Everyone in my family has at least one good memory that takes place in there. It is the room that brings our family closer together and creates the memories that make a house a home.

2 comments:

  1. I love the setting you have created for your story-telling. You have a talent for elaborate descriptions and analysis. Thank you for letting us have a peek at your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well detailed. I can picture everything as I read. Very well organized and conscise.

    ReplyDelete