Friday, November 26, 2010

My Favorite Season

Baby it's cold outside! My absolute favorite season is winter! I simply adore the cold weather! I find warm weather pleasant because I can wear short shorts, skirts, dresses, go the beach, there's no school on summer break, and you don't have to worry about getting sick. But there are so many more awesome things synonymous with cold weather! First of all there's all the amazing and gorgeous winter clothes at the mall that you can never have enough of. I love layering things on and I'm always on the lookout for cute jackets, coats, boots, scarves, and sweaters. There's just so much you can do with winter clothing! Then cold weather brings to mind so many wonderful things; Christmas, hot chocolate, warm fires in the chimney, apple cider, Thanksgiving, snow, Christmas store displays, warm blankets, cheesy but yet so addicting family holiday movies, warm soups, snowmen, blowing air of your mouth to pretend you're smoking, and rain! I love the idea of wearing my warmest and most comfortable Abercrombie and Fitch sweats, wrapping myself in a huge thick blanket, curling up on the couch and watching the rain fall on my window or even just watching a movie. I also love all the delicious coffee creations Starbucks only brings out in the winter. Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint Mocha, Toffee Caramel,mmmmm..,there's nothing better to warm you up on a blistery cold morning. Oh and we can't forget about Hot Chocolate! I find no better morning than those when you can go outside and the air is so cool that although the sun is out, you can see with your eyes (before you even go outside) how cold and chilly it is. Just please don't let it be windy because then my bones will freeze. I know it doesn't snow here in Southern California, but winter time means snow in the mountains or in Texas where my family usually spend winter break. I can't explain the feeling I get when I wake up and find the ground covered in snow, until someone has to go shovel it. Then running through the orchids of ice-covered barren trees is totally magical! Then for about a month, during December, everyone is in a good mood. Maybe it's because Christmas is coming up, but there's such an aura of good cheer everywhere that only happens in the winter and families huddle together not for warmth like they did in the time of yore, but for love. I love winter! Can it please come any faster?

No comments:

Post a Comment