Friday, November 26, 2010

The Most Disgusting Vegetable Ever

I hate artichokes. I despise them in fact. Why anyone could even choose to eat them baffles me. They are disgusting and they look disgusting too. They look like a disgusting deformed flower. How nature, who is so talented at creating beautiful objects can create such a gross abomination as an artichoke I will never understand. Then they just smell horrible too. Sometimes they can smell rancid, but an herby kind of rancid. When they are cooked they amplify their smell even more and stink up the whole house. It’s horrible. They don’t look any better when they’re cooked either. They turn a mossy green color and their leaves become soft and breakable. They do not look appetizing whatsoever. It’s remarkable that anyone can eat them. I find it amazing that upscale 5 star restaurants offer artichokes as delectable and expensive dishes. These dishes can cost more than a typical steak dinner. I just really hate artichokes! And unfortunately, my mother actually likes them. She will bring home about 5 artichokes and stuffs them with other different vegetables. She also makes a gross artichoke dip with them that always makes me gag when I see it. It’s not that the ways she makes the artichokes causes my reactions; on the contrary, I have heard from other people that these dishes are actually quite delicious. However, it is the mere fact that they are made from artichokes that prevents me from even attempting to try them. Artichokes and I just don’t mix.

1 comment: