Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Favorite Game-Monopoly

I am not exactly a game person; in fact, I really don’t play any games. However, when I was younger, I used to love play the game Monopoly. I am not sure why, but I thought that game was the best past time in the world. I used to love to buy a ton of houses, hotels, and apartments and make my friends pay me rent when they land on my properties. It always gave me a sense of power to know that I could control the board and that I can ruin a person financially. The game of Monopoly is fairly simple to play. Every box comes with 11 little figurines called tokens. Each person must choose one person and put them on go. Then one person must be the Banker, the person who handles the money. Each person at the start of the game has to have a total of $1500. Remember the object of the game is to own the most money and assets. Each player must roll the dice and advance on the board the number of squares as what was rolled.  When you land on a property, you can choose to buy a property and if you do, then every time another player lands on your property, they must pay you the rent assigned for that space. You of course, win the game if you take all the money from the other players and have all the property. It’s a game of skill and cunning. You can’t have a weak heart; don’t be kind to someone just because they’re your friend. It’s all or nothing in Monopoly.

No comments:

Post a Comment