Wednesday, September 1, 2010

When I wake up.....

I wish I could have woken up in a different place. I wish I could have woken up to bright pink walls with pure white lining. I would jump out of bed and rush to the bathroom to get ready for my day. I would look forward to walking out of my room to to the rest of my penthouse on New York's Upper East Side. The thought of knowing I live by my own rules with no one breathing down my neck would make my morning spoon of Nutella even sweeter. As I sit down on an island stool to eat my cereal, I scan the living room, it's red walls making a fitting background for the black and white furnishings. I would turn on the 22' inch plasma but the news are not my top priority this morning. I throw my empty owl in the sink and give myself one last full body look over before I step out the door to the crisp New York air. I throw a quick good-bye to the doorman as my high-heeled boots click away toward school. Am I looking forward to school? Nope. I am more so looking forward to seeing my friends, comparing outfits, and planning our afternoon adventure on SoHo. Then after that long, tiring day, I take a taxi back to my penthouse, watch some Jersey Shore, and settle back in bed to get read to do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment