Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pirates of the Caribbean

"All aboard mateys!" WTF? Did I just hear that correctly? Last time I checked, I was sleeping comfortably in my room and now I'm hearing pirates? There's only one explanation for this; what did I do last night? Oh well, whatever. I force my eyes open and sure enough I am sleeping on a cot inside a cabin. I jump out of bed and try to keep my balance because the floor is rocking under me to the rhythm of the sea. I climb up to the main deck and to my surprise, I come face to face with Johnny Depp!
"OMG Johnny Depp!” I practically scream at him.
"Johnny Depp? Sorry, mate, but I'm Jack Sparrow. Captain Jack Sparrow and if you don't have any more questions of misguided identity, I have a ship to run, m'lady." He's even sexier walking away than talking to me.
Ok, so I somehow woke up in the Black Pearl from Pirates of Caribbean and Johnny Depp (I mean Captain Jack Sparrow) is the captain. I'm not complaining too much, except I'm hungry. I go back down to find the kitchen and all I see to eat is a barrel of half rotten apples, some bread, and lots of rum. I decide to stay away from that, since I might need it to make a fire signal. After I eat breakfast, I go up to the deck and hear a gruff voice shouting my name.
"What?!", I yell back annoyed.
"You think you're some princess, matey? Everyone here takes on a load," a stubby, fat old man shouted at me. "That means you too. Go up on the crow's nest and be on the lookout!"
"On the lookout for what?"
"For anything! Just go!" he yelled at me before sauntering away.
Fine! I am practically seething as I climb the ropes and fall into the crow's nest but the telescope-thing I find there makes things a little bit better. I feel as if I'm standing there forever listening to the interesting conversations occurring under me on deck. It's extremely cold and I can't see anything because the fog is too dense! I almost fall asleep when a figure zips past me and drops right into the nest. Oh my lanta (yes, it’s a Southern thing), it's Leonardo Dicaprio!
"Leo! I mean, Will! Will Turner!," I quickly remember and catch my mistake. If this was Pirates of the Caribbean, then I need to act like it.
"Miss Elizabeth," he said in that delicious accent. "What's a lady of your status doing all the way up here?"
Huh? Elizabeth? Oh, I think I'm Elizabeth Swan. Well, ok. "Well, Mr. Turner," I say in my best English accent, "A lady of my status belongs all the way on the top looking down at people. Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Turner?"
"I couldn't agree more, Miss Swan. In fact I don't think a lowly sword maker like me should even be in the presence of a governor's daughter," Will said slyly, his eyes sparkling.
"Well, I'll let you slide just this one time because I need the company." I step back and look at him more closely. "Mr. Turner, I'm bitterly cold."
Will raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Now we can't have a lady like you getting sick no can we?" My heart skipped a beat as Will leaned closer to my face and just when our lips are close enough to touch, "FEHBE!! GET UP! YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"
A dream. It was all a dream. I knew it was too good to be true.

2 comments:

  1. Good descriptive details. Takes one into your dream. Good story overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use text, such as WTF. You either say it "what the fuck" or use something else " Oh my goodness" or whatever you perfer.
    Interesting details! It is definetly different from the typical stories I read :)!

    ReplyDelete