Wednesday, September 8, 2010

If I had a Hundred Dollars

If I had a hundred dollars, I would look for someone who's worthy enough to receive it from me. I would judge what kind of person or charity should receive it depending on how they act or what they supported. My final verdict would be the difference between who has an extra $100 to spare or save. But then again, who am I to decide who deserves what? As awesome as I am, I was not graced with that privilege. So here's what I'll do. I'll change the hundred dollars into 100 one dollar bills. Then I'll give them to 100 people who think they're not worthy to receive a dollar. I'll instruct them that they can do what they wish with the dollar. What can you do with a dollar? You can save it, spend it, lose it, or play with it. But my hope is that they will pass on that dollar to another person to brighten p their day and make them believe that if they're good enough to receive a dollar from a stranger, then they deserve bigger and greater things as well. Then those people will pass them on to another person, and another, and another, etc. Thus, if I had a hundred dollars, I could make 100 people realize their potential, who in turn will make 100 more people realize that, and soon, everyone will realize they're worth more than a dollar. If I only had a hundred dollars..

1 comment: